What is the best Air Filtration Solution for Sand & Dust storms?
Setting up your business in a sand/dust storm prone area?
Worried about heavy dust load on your air filter?
AAF has a solution for this too, the S-Trap inertial filters is designed as a bolt-on pre-filter for air handling units, engines and other machinery in areas with sand or dust storms or with exposure to heavy dust loads. The S-Trap HD (STHD) casing and other critical parts are made from thicker 3mm steel and welded together to ensure durability, vibration resistance and support during harsh conditions.
The S-Trap HD inlet grille is easily removable for inspection or replacement of the filtration elements. The S-Trap HD shares the same efficiency and filtration capacity of the STL model with an arrestance of 92% when tested with SAE J 726 Coarse Dust. The S-Trap HD also operates at reduced flow with a pressure drop as low as 50Pa while maintaining efficiency above 90%.
- Industry leading capacity
- High filtration performance with lower pressure drop
- Heavy duty welded and painted construction
- Painted mild steel or stainless steel options
- Quick & easy removable inlet grille and filtration elements
The S-Trap Inertial filter is specifically made with strong features to fight against dust or stand storm. In the absence of S-Trap in the AHU the filter can get easily damaged after one storm. S-Trap is a one-time investment, and gives a lifelong protection to the filter in turn increasing the AHU lifespan. It also helps in improving the indoor air quality for the buildings. Air filter is the first line of defence to block the dust, it does not take long for a dust storm to clog up a filter, so no air can flow through it. Eventually, that lack of air flow can cause your equipment to break down completely. Because dust storms happen frequently, it creates a need to change filters frequently. It may save money by installing S-Trap instead of changing the AHU filter at a regular basis.
In India regions like Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh are prone to sand storms. Most of the world’s dust storms occur over the Middle East. Not all dusts arise from human activity. High winds in desert regions and volcanic events are both natural phenomena that cause high airborne dust concentrations. So, weather conditions, the natural environment, and human activities can cause windblown, construction, or fugitive dust, which contributes to air pollution. High winds can raise large amounts of dust from areas of dry, loose, or disturbed soil.
· Commercial buildings — In commercial office buildings, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is a primary concern. IAQ refers to the indoor air breathed in by a building’s occupants. The pollution levels in this indoor air can be up to five times higher than outdoor levels, and poor IAQ ranks as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. Office workplaces, the commercial buildings should have more clean and pure indoor air specially after the reopening after COVID. S-Trap filters the air in the purer form and helps to increase the indoor air quality.
· Food and Beverage — Clean air is absolutely essential in food production. Only with controlled and monitored air quality can contamination be reliably minimized. The use of high-efficiency filtration solutions ensures maximum air hygiene and air quality compliance within the strictest standards and regulations. This brings in the need of pure clean, odour free environment within the restaurant. S-Trap is optimized for buildings with limited space and access. The construction is lightweight to have minimum load on the building structure. The riveted construction allows on-site assembly wherein components may come in flat-packed for portability.
· Healthcare — Clean air is vital in hospital and healthcare facility operations to protect patients, staff, and visitors from airborne diseases and infections, as well as to provide a comfortable, healthy, and odour-free environment. A thorough air filter audit of your HVAC Systems is the first step that AAF takes, in order to provide you professional guidance and analysis for cost savings and liability reduction. By conducting this audit, we strive to understand your current state and your complete air filtration needs, applications, and goals for total air quality.
· Industrial — Industrial air filtration systems eliminate dust and other contaminants from the facility for worker health, safety, and productivity. Indoor air quality often falls under the regulatory purview of OSHA. Poor air quality causes more than the occasional cough and scratchy throat. Dust, mold, and chemical gases can contribute to serious workplace illnesses, including chronic asthma, cancer, and internal chemical burns. Workers who feel compelled or forced to work in such environments may fall behind productivity goals and take more time off work. S-Trap helps in cleaning the air even in dusty environment and allows a flow of pure air within the building.
· Pharmaceutical — Within the pharmaceutical industry, strict requirements set forth by the FDA on air purity levels are necessary because of the direct effect that airborne contamination has on the quality of the pharmaceutical products that are in contact with the wide population. No clean air is possible without a carefully selected and reliably functioning air filtration system. The performance of installed air filters, whether terminal filters or pre-filters, directly determines how effectively harmful contaminants are prevented from entering the airstream in process environments.
· Schools and Universities — Students spend more than 1,300 hours in a school building each year and need to be protected. Poor air quality in schools and universities has been linked with problems in concentration, increased asthma, and generally lowered health and academic success. Ensuring clean air is vital not only to children’s growth and wellbeing, but to their future as well. Properly functioning filtration systems clean the air of dirt, dust, pollen, dander, fibers, control odors and reduce the pollutants that cause most IAQ problems inside school buildings. In addition to improving occupant health and performance, regular HVAC maintenance also saves energy.
Features and Benefits:
· Heavy Duty Performance — Built to withstand harsh environments, rust free, self-cleaning, rigid design and equipped with long-lasting materials
· Components — Casing and dust chute are welded heavy duty painted mild steel or stainless steel, other components are individually hot-dip galvanized steel or stainless steel.
· Design — Smart design to optimize the space, weight and installation. Easy to remove inlet grill and filtration elements for convenient inspection. Dust chute can be ordered with flange positioned at the bottom center, right side, left side or both sides of the S-trap. Flange on both sides is used when a standby secondary fan is required.
· Material — S-Trap HD can be produced in different material based on customer preference.
- Mild Steel + Paint
- Stainless Steel
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tags : Sandstorm ; Sandstorm in Dubai ; Sandstorm in UAE ;Sandstorm in Saudi Arabia ; Sandstorm in Kuwait ; Inertial Filters ; S-Trap ;